Adventures in Europe

Monday, November 06, 2006

Venice, Italy!!!

Hello all! Well here are the pictures I promised! I have been running around Europe for the past few weeks, but now I'm back "home" in Groningen and it's really nice to be back! I need to just chill here for a bit before going on any more adventures! But I had a really good time in Italy. We flew into Milan and stayed there for a few hours, then went to Venice for a day. It was great! I had heard that Venice was really dirty and the water was gross and stuff, but I liked it! It was so cool to see the canals everywhere, and we got to go on a gondola ride! It was great.Here is me and Deema at the beginning of our trip.This is in Venice outside our hostel/guest house. It was really nice and I was pleasantly surprised with all of our hostels in Italy, they were great! The guy is Nicholaus and he is a random Frenchman we met on our train. He was just traveling around Europe with no agenda, so we hung out with him that night.Me and Allison and Deema outside the train station in Venice. We walked outside and pretty much freaked out because it was so awesome! We were running around like crazy people and it was really neat to see the huge canal and old buildings all around us. This is one of the many small canals in Venice.
Here I am on the bridge over the canal. This is right by our hostel-it was in a great location!
This is our Gondolier (is that a word?). He was a sweetheart.
This is on the gondola ride. This is the Grand Canal and that bridge was built in something like 1400 I think! Crazy!
Our gondolier guy.
This is us on the gondola boat ride. It was great.

This is a cool picture I took. I really liked it because it was so beautiful!
This is an old Italian man sitting on a bench. I thought it was a rad picture.






This is the Basilica di San Marco. It was awesome!
Here I am standing under the gondola sign.
On the way to Florence, we stopped in Bologna and met up with some friends of Allisons. They took us all around the city and to dinner for a few hours, then we got back on the train and went to Florence. It was a really fun night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home