Adventures in Europe

Monday, September 25, 2006

The past few days have been good. On Friday, I didn't have classes, and I was going to go to a town called Pieterburen with my American friend, but she woke up in the morning with a fever and was sick, do we ended up going on Saturday. Friday I just relaxed and then went to the market with a friend. It's so great because there is a food market and then a clothes/random market. The food market is also amazing because there is just TONS of frsh fruits, vegetables, all kinds od meats, cheeses, chocolate, fish, and anything else you can imagine. I bought some fresh food and then Allison and I made dinner together that night. Later that night, at my student house, it was "international cooking night", and most people made food from their home countries. It was awesome, and tons of people made food, and everyone was just eating and talking and I tried pretty much everything. Most things were really good! Saturday I went to Pieterburen with Allison and it was nice. It's just a town right by the North Sea. They have a seal sanctuary there, so we saw the seals and just wandered around. We also wanted to do the "wadlopen" which is "mud-walking". Apparantly it's famous in Holland, but we didn't plan well enough, so we're going to go back in two weeks and do the mud-walking on the North Sea with a guide and everything. It should be fun! But everything is still good here, and I'm enjoying myself. I'm trying to plan some traveling trips with people, and my classes are okay. School is school, no matter where you are! And the language is still hard and I don't understand anything! But everyone is really nice and helps a lot. The excitement of everything is starting to wear off and I'm a little homesick! But I still love it and I'm happy! Enjoy the pictures! Doei! This is me in a pretty garden we went to in Pieterburen.
This is another really old church. It was in the garden area. Lovely shot, isn't it? Haha, I liked it!This is outside the entrance of the seal sanctuary.
The seals were looking at us!
I think I'm "riding" the wooden seal or something here...
Me and Allison posing with the stuffed animals and the fake water. But it kind of looks like we're in the ocean, right? The seals were so cute! They kept coming right up to the window and just watching us! We loved it!
Another random pose. I think I thought I was funny.
This is one of many quaint little houses in Pieterburen.This is at the international dinner. Food from all over the world!
These are most of the people from my floor who I hang out with a lot. We share a kitchen, so we congregate and chat there. I'm not sure how to spell their names, but they are: Dima (Jordan), Pot Zourig (Mongolia), Tarig (Jordan), Levan (Georgia the country), Emma (Scotland), Madelyn (Sweden), and I don't know the other girl! They are great people and it's awesome to meet people from so many different places!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home