Adventures in Europe

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Friday, September 22, 2006

Ok so all is good in Groningen and (as far as I know) Holland! The weather has been fantastic here and it's almost always sunny and warm! I kind of hate the humidity, but I love the sun! Everyone says it's not normal at all, but I like it! Anyway, last weekend I went to a town called Apeldoorn. We played "laser game" (laser tag) with the church people there and it was fun. Afterwards we had a bbq and we stayed the night. It was a fun weekend and next weekend I'm really excited because I'm going to Brussels, Belgium! So that should be fun fun! What else? classes are still good. I don't think they will be too hard and I have a group paper I have to write with some Dutch students. Oh yes! And for everyone at home that doesn't already know, I'm going to stay here in Groningen a little longer than I originally planned! I was going to leave here early and go up to USU late, but now I'm going to stay here and finish my classes and miss spring semester in Logan. I'm going to go home and work and save money (cuz I'll probably be broke!) and then take summer classes either in Logan or online or through the extension in Salt Lake or something. Kind of crazy and sad because I love Logan but I'll be back in the summer or for sure next fall, and I think that it's worth it to stay here and enjoy it. It's a really great experience and so I want to stay! But I guess that's about all and I finally took some pictures of people so I hope you like them! Doei! Here I am at the "Hornseplaas". Not sure how to spell it, but it was a beautiful lake with trees and ducks and everything.
So this is interesting. I got asked to cook an "American" dish for some boys who write for the school paper. Every week they have an international student cook and then they write about it! So I made old fashioned hamburgers and jello-o! It was really fun and surprisingly good and this is the article from the paper! I don't think you can see it, but I'll try to find it on the internet and attach the link. But now I'm famous all over campus and Groningen! (ya right...)
Updeated picture of my room! Now I have decorations and stuff because I went to IKEA. It's much nicer and I like my room now!

Here is Allison (the American), me and Camille (she's from Paris).
The Frenchies: Camille, Emmanuel , and Antoine.
This is Daniel (I think!) and he had a little bit too much to drink that night, but he is really funny and said that he loves American girls! It was pretty hilarious.
Bea (Paris), Camille (Paris), Me, Allison (USA), and Gaby (Germany). They are really fun, cute girls!

Me and Gaby. She is super nice and very smart! It was a fun night.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brighton said...

Oh my goodness. I hope that your friends in good ole' Utah aren't being replaced :) I'm jk-ing ya, it looks like you are having tonz of fun! I'm a wee bit jealous, actuallly a lot bit jealous!

12:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home