Adventures in Europe

Friday, September 01, 2006

Day 2: A Better Day

So I hope no one is offended by this, but I thought it was pretty funny. It is the student newspaper and it's all over campus! It says "Welcome to Groningen" Crazy but hilarious!
This is the Centraal Station at Groningen where all the buses and trains are.
This is a little park and lake right next to my aparment. These are some apartments across from the church house.
The church! Yay!
This is the the front door of my apartment. I was so happy to see it yesterday!
This is the intersection near my apartment where I catch the bus. The red lanes on the street are for bicyclists.
This is a building across from the Centraal Station (train/bus station)
Another building across from the Centraal Station with millions of bikes.
This is a building (don't know what one?) in the Grote Markt or the main market/square. It was awesome!
The Martinitower in the main square.
Another pretty church and to the bottom left of the picture you can see men selling flowers and bulbs on the street.
One of the streets in downtown Groningen.
Another busy street. That is the Martinitower again.

This is one of the main buildings on the campus of the Hanzehogschool (the university I'm attending.)

September 1, 2006

Today was a much better day than yesterday! I slept well last night and got up today and went to an oriention for international students. I met some cool people today: Gaby from Germany and Alison from Arizona. Alison is way cool and I was so happy to meet someone else from the U.S.! We are the only ones in our program from America, and most people don't speak much English at all! But it was fun and afterwards, Alison and I went to the Grote Markt, or city center/market. It was amazing and just like pictures and movies I have seen! It was so busy and chaotic and there were people everywhere walking, on bikes or driving. There was a huge open market with food and clothes and everything! I just wandered around all the little streets for a long time. I also bought a much needed towel and hairdryer! I came back this evening and just relaxed for a bit. Then I took my sweet bike for a spin and found the church and just rode around my neighborhood. It was great; a good day and much better than yesterday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home