Adventures in Europe

Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday, September 15

Well classes started on Monday and I think they're going to be good. It's definitely different from at home, but it's good. I have classes with regular Dutch students so that is fun. Luckily everything is in English! We have to do a lot of group work so I have been able to meet people from around here. On my first day in one of my classes, the professor was talking about his rules and he said "I usually only have problems with the guys on this rule, but today it's a girl." And he looked right at me, and everyone looked at me! It was because I was wearing a hat! He won't let us have hats in class! LAME! I was really embarrassed and he made me take it off right then! Ugh, so that was annoying, but everything else seems good. I met a guy that is coming to USU for spring semester as an exchange student in one of my classes! It was so exciting and I have been telling him all about Logan and USU and Salt Lake and everything. It was fun. Anyway, things are still fabulous here in Holland. The weather has been scorching, but really pretty. Everyone said it's never this hot or sunny, but I am dying with the humidity and everything! I didn't bring any kind of summer clothes, so I have just been dying of heat all the time. But I'm sure it will get cold soon and I'll wish it was hot. That's about all for now, but Ill try to get more pictures with people in them! Doei!
This is a garden that we went to in the city. That is about all I know about it!

I guess a lot of people get their wedding pictures taken here. Cute!
This is the view from on top of the Martini Tower. It was awesome.
On the left is the church attached to the tower. The roof is so amazing!

Me and Chris on top of the tower!
There's me with the town hall in the background.This was at a park-thing that we went to. The orange thing is a rock climbing tower and it was HUGE!
Here's me when we were going up the steps of the tower. There were millions of them, and they were just tiny stone steps the whole way up!

The town hall and the market.

1 Comments:

Blogger Eva said...

Hello!

I read in the University newspaper that you were keeping a weblog and I wanted to thank you for the beautiful pictures of Groningen!! I'm a Groninger student who's interning in the US right now and it's good to see those pictures after being away for months. Anyway, I really hope you enjoy your stay in Groningen!

Eva

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home