Adventures in Europe

Saturday, September 09, 2006

So things have been going great so far. I officially start classes on Monday and I'm really excited! I went to IKEA last night with Sarah, an American in my ward who married a Dutch guy and lives here now. She is so awesome and we had a good time. But IKEA is quite the place. It was amazing. It was ginormous and had everything you could possibly imagine you could need for home decorating. They had the coolest stuff and it was all so cheap! I bought a bunch of sweet stuff for my room and now my room is much cuter and I like it a lot now! I guess we're getting an IKEA in Draper soon, but I"m not sure if it will be so cheap, because it's a Swedish company so they have to import everything. Anyway, it's an awesome store and it's really big over here. Everyone shops at IKEA and it's definitely worth it. Not much else to report, but I am happy and loving Groningen. I am starting to think about making some travel plans, but I think I'll wait until I get settled in a little more and see what happens then. But I'll update again soon! Doei! Here I am with my stylish European scarf Yes, I did take a picture of myself....but everyone wears them here and they sell them everywhere, so I had to get a few for myself!
The view of the Grote Markt from the steps of the town hall.
These are some people in the middle of the Grote Markt and they were doing some sort of religious revivial thing. They were singing and acting out being drunk and then being saved by the group. It was kinda weird and kinda cool.
Here is me with the Grote Markt and the Martini Tower in the background. The Martini Tower and the market below.
This is an organ in one of the cathedrals in the city. Today was Monuments Day, so all the churches and monuments were open and free around the city. Usually you can't even go in them at all, so it was cool to see inside them!
I liked this picture I took of some vases I bought at IKEA and flowers that match the vases! They sell flowers everywhere here for cheap, and I have vases around my room with flowers in them, I love it!
A few days ago I was browsing the market and there was a lot of excitment going on outside the town hall. So I asked around and found out that the Princess Maxima was coming to the town hall! Everyone was so excited and many people her have never even seen her before. So I waited for a few minutes, and she pulled up and got out. People were clapping and cheering and it was very exciting. There were videocameras and photographers everywhere. My Dutch friends were jealous that I've seen her and they never have!
This is Maxima getting out the her car and the people and press everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home