Adventures in Europe

Monday, November 06, 2006

Cinque Terre: Save the best for last!

Okay so Cinque Terre was AMAZING!!! Wow, I can't even tell you, but it was so beautiful and I really hope I get the chance to go back there someday especially in the summer because it's awesome. It was definitely the highlight of my trip and my favorite place. It was so beautiful and warm and there were hardly any tourists! I loved it! Cinque Terre is 5 tiny villages along the Italian Riviera. They have really awesome hiking between the villages, but it had rained before we came, so they were closed because of landslides. I was really disappointed, but we just took the trains to each city and wandered around. It was so relaxing and the views were beautiful. The ocean was clear and warm and the last day it was like 85 degrees! I felt like I was in Hawaii or something. And there were hardly any tourists so that was really nice. Me on the beach in Cinque Terre. We had to leave this day, or I would have jumped in, it was so warm!
Beautiful beach!
This is the village we stayed in, called Manarola. There were huge hills all around us covered in grapevines and the people there make wine. This is our hostel in Manarola. It was awesome and really cheap! They made us breakfast and we could order dinner and the girls we shared a room with were way cool and fun. It was a great place to stay.
This is the view from the roof of our hostel.
Me on the beach again. This was the first day and it was a little colder and not so sunny. But still nice!
I like playing with the settings on my camera, and I really liked these pictures.

This is another village, I think it was Vernazza.
These purple flowers were EVERYWHERE.

This is the village we stayed at. Isn't it amazing??!!


More lovely views of Cinque Terre.
This is the Cathedral in Milan. It was HUGE and really pretty, but I wish they didn't have that thing covering it! Milan wasn't my favorite place in Italy, but it was good to go for a few hours!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home