Adventures in Europe

Friday, September 01, 2006

Day 1: Traveling Nightmares

My beautiful pink bike! I love it!
This is my room when you first walk in.
This is my bathroom. I have not gotten my shower curtain up yet because I need to get a shower rod! It sucks, but oh well.
This is the view from my bedroom. I have these big windows and the door opens onto the grass outside. I don't know what those orange flags are but they have dragons on them.
The view from the train.
This is me on the train to Groningen after about 15 hours of travel! I didn't look my best...

August 30-31, 2006

Well looking back I can say I'm sure glad that the trip is over! Wow. So I got up and we went to the airport at 11:00 am. My flight didn't leave until 2:10 and baggage check and everything took about 10 minutes so we were just sitting. My mom came in and stayed with me at the gate until I left, so that was good. I finally took off and immediately got sick. Long story short, I was deathly ill the whole trip and after tossing my cookies a few times, I finally slept for a few hours on the plane. I got off in Amsterdam and found my way to the train station and rode a 2 1/2 hour train to Groningen. After wandering around the station there, I figured out which bus I needed to take and I managed to get off at the right stop. I had to ask for help a few times, but I dragged my luggage to my apartment and was so relieved to make it! I forced myself to stay up until 10:30 pm here (2:30 am Utah time) even though it had been a full 24 hours since sleeping! I was very overwhelmed and emotional, but I met some cute girls from Spain and we went to the supermarket together. It was a long but good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home